"Catholic community promoting truth, love and service, challenging and supporting individuals to be the best they can."
St John's School originated by the initiative of the people of St John's Catholic Parish. Through strong tradition, the School and the Parish remain closely connected serving the community in education, worship and care for one another.
We place great emphasis on the sense of belonging to a praying, caring community who welcomes those who seek to share the same values and are willing to participate in the life and mission of the school. The school encourages a spirit of cooperation, generosity and respect for one another.
In 1916 the local Parish community saw the need for a Catholic school and started to plan, raise funds and acquire land for this purpose. The foundation stone was laid in 1920 and the building completed in 1921. The Euroa Advertiser dated April 15th, 1921, reported:
"The official blessing and opening of the Convent and School took place on Thursday April 14th, 1921 by His Lordship Bishop McCarthy of Sandhurst and there was a large and enthusiastic gathering representative of all parts of the district and many visitors form further afield. The school was a very fine building and a credit to Father Tobin. The nuns who were coming to Euroa were a distinguished order - The Sisters of Mercy - with very successful teaching records."
Families are invited to attend inquiry tours at St John's School. This is an opportunity for families to find out about our culture and programs, see our facilities, ask questions and collect an enrolment package.
Parents interested in enrolling their child at St John's complete relevant forms within the enrolment package and return all forms to the school office by the due date.